About the Program
The Dole VAMC women's health program has established services which address the unique needs of women veterans. Our services focus on wellness; getting you there and keeping you there in a concerned, compassionate and comprehensive manner. The women's program includes the Women's Primary Care clinic, Gynecology clinic and Mental Health services. Further information on benefits can be found at the Womens Veterans Health Strategic Health Care Group or by contacting the Women Veterans Program Manager.
Women Veterans Program Manager
Laurie Pfeiffer, RN, BSN
5500 E. Kellogg
Wichita, Kansas 67218
Phone: (316) 685-2221 ext 54605
Toll Free (888) 878-6881 ext 54605
Fax: (316) 681-5524
Dole VAMC offers a full continuum of comprehensive medical services focused on primary care "one stop shop" which includes:
- disease prevention and health promotion/education through regular screenings
- gynecology services/breast exams
- mammography - fee basis
- reproductive health care managment
- obstetric and prenatal care/delivery - fee basis
- birth control
- limited infertility (excluding in-vetro fertilization)
- menopause treatment
- telephone triage 24/7
- 24 hour emergency room evaluations
- acute medical/surgical hospitalization
- MOVE program-weight loss
- tobacco cessation
- optometry - eyeglasses
- audiology - hearing aids
- specialty consulations: cardiology, podiatry, orthopedics, neurology, etc.
- rehabilitation services
- long term care
Mental health services, including treatment for post traumatic stress disorder, and military sexual trauma are also available for women. Treatment for substance abuse is available as well.
Patients will be referred to other VA facilities or to the community for any service not available at Dole VAMC.
Other women veteran links:
Additional useful links for women veterans
Women In Military Service For America Memorial